NYChiliFest 2014 at The Chelsea Market: An Event to Benefit FSNYC
NYChiliFest 2014 at the Chelsea Market is coming up!
Join Food Systems Network NYC (FSNYC) for the 4th year at this annual celebration of chili, beer and all things spicy. Ticket proceeds benefit FSNYC.
Date: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 7:00-9:00 pm
Location: Chelsea Market, check in at 10th Ave entrance (b/w 15th & 16th St.)
There will be limited tickets available for purchase at a first come first serve basis at the 10th avenue entrance!
- Unlimited Chili $50
- Unlimited Chili + Beer $55
- Unlimted Chili + Beer w/ FSNYC member discount $50 (CODE required: if you haven't received your discount code, contact Caitlin at email@example.com)
- Unlimited Chili + Beer + $25 Individual FSNYC Membership (includes $5 discount on ticket) $75
About NYChiliFest 2014:
The ultimate celebration of chili, beer, and all things spicy is coming back to Chelsea Market on January 26, 2014. Each ticket to NYChiliFest gives you access to a 500-foot concourse of chili, served by dozens of NYC’s best restaurants and cutting edge chefs, all competing for the Golden Chili Mug 2014 title. And, this year, one contestant will be awarded the People's Choice award! Samuel Adams is matching 4 of their favorite chili-eating beers and will be pouring from several locations in the concourse. There are fewer tickets than in years past, which means better access to chili and more room to digest, so be sure to grab a ticket while they're still available. See below for a list of participating restaurants!
Dickson’s Farmstand Meats is supplying each chef with 100% dry-aged, locally-raised beef as the base for their chili. In addition to providing a level playing field for the competition, the meat reflects the inspiration of event: to use all the meat from responsibly-raised animals to create delicious food. An exclusive panel of on-site celebrity judges vote on the 2014 Chili Champ of NYC. The 1st place team wins an amazing prize and the illustrious 2014 Golden Chili Mug. The runner-up team will receive an honorable mention and an amazing prize of their own.
NYChiliFest 2014 Participants (list updated on a rolling basis):
- Bark Hot Dogs - http://barkhotdogs.com/
- Bubby's High Line - http://bubbys.com/our-restaurants/high-line
- The Brooklyn Star - http://thebrooklynstar.com/
- Butter - http://butterrestaurant.com
- Bittergreen - https://www.facebook.com/eatbittergreen
- Cannibal - http://cannibalnyc.com
- Café Cluny - http://cafecluny.com
- Duck's Eatery - http://duckseatery.com
- The Dutch - http://thedutchnyc.com
- East Village Social - http://evsnyc.com
- Friedman's Lunch - http://friedmanslunch.com
- Jeepney - http://www.jeepneynyc.com/
- Jimmy's No. 43 - http://jimmysno43.com
- La Palapa - http://lapalapa.com
- Los Tacos No. 1 - http://lostacos1.com
- Mexicue - http://mexicue.com
- Mile End Delicatessen - http://mileendbrooklyn.com
- Monument Lane - http://www.monumentlane.com/
- Morris' Grilled Cheese - http://morrisgrilledcheese.com
- Num Pang - http://chelsea.numpangnyc.com/
- Pies n' Thighs - http://piesnthighs.com
- Roberta's - http://robertaspizza.com
- Spices and Tease - http://spicesandtease.com
- Untamed - https://facebook.com/UntamedSandwiches
- Adam Fleischman, Founder Umami Burger chain
- Martin Tessarzik, Owner of Wrighteous Organics, Farmer and supplier of beef for the event
- Chef Amanda Freitag, Chef, restaurant owner and Food Network personality
- Catherine Lederer, VP Food & Beverage, Chop't Creative Salad Company
- Chef Heather Carlucci
All ticket proceeds go to Food Systems Network NYC in support of our effort to build a just and vibrant, regional food and farm economy that promotes human and environmental health and prevents hunger.
About Chelsea Market:
Chelsea Market is a one-stop NYC culinary food destination, a gourmet lover’s wholesale-retail wonder world, and a dining hotspot, all meshed into an entire city block of space in the heart of West Chelsea.
Though Chelsea Market’s 800-footlong concourse opened in April of ’97, the million square feet the market occupies has a history that spans 90 years, beginning with the birth of the Oreo Cookie. It is currently home to the Food Network, NY1, Sterling Sound, Oxygen Media, and Major League Baseball Productions.
Visit the market for fresh sushi and a chocolate-almond croissant. Sip a cappuccino in a free Wi-Fi environment. Grab a beer and chicken pot pie at The Green Table. Then pick up your meat, produce, wine, cheese, bread, flowers, and everything else you might need for a perfect meal at home!
Want to volunteer at NYChiliFest 2013? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.